This class includes yoga postures (yogasana), breathwork (pranayama) and meditation practices (dhyana), as well as background on the meaning of yoga and its benefits.
Please let the teacher know before class starts if you have any conditions or recent injuries / surgeries so that the practices can be adapted for your comfort and safety, including:
- Plates or pins, knee or hip joint replacements
- Asthma or other conditions that affect your breathing
- Any recent surgery or injuries
WHAT TO BRING
A yoga mat or dhurrie
To sit comfortably for meditation practice:
- Yoga block/s (hard foam) or a couple of old telephone directories
- Blanket or large towel for padding ankles and adjusting sitting height
- If you have a preferred meditation stool/cushion/chair then bring that instead
WHAT TO WEAR
- Comfortable clothing you can move in easily
- Something warm to wear for meditation practice, for example a fleece top or shawl
- Bare feet
ABOUT THE TEACHER
David Rawsthorne trained in UK & India in the Sivananda and Satyananda traditions and taught yoga regularly in London for 15 years. He has also studied massage and craniosacral therapy, and understands from personal experience how yoga can help increase mobility and wellbeing, and reduce pain and stress.
Since moving to Aotearoa he has returned to the more traditional roots of Hatha Yoga, inspired by the classic texts rather than following contemporary gurus.
FIND OUT MORE: https://www.yoga123.kiwi
116 Ostend Road, Waiheke 108109 372 email@example.comNew Zealand Standard Time